I just want to look beyond myself.
spring has a way of showing me my compass//
I have a yearning for dark hands
billowing over my dark body in search of the me i cant seem to find or protect on my own time.
In its self,
Is the true danger of my desire.
along with the smell of Bradford’s
if only you weren’t so fixating.
if only i wasn’t a fixed man.
- 1. Coming to the door to pick someone up.
- 2. Trying to dress really nicely for a date.
- 3. Bringing flowers or other tokens of affection to the first date.
- 4. Going dancing that’s not grinding on a grimy club floor.
- 5. Straightforwardly asking someone out and not calling it “hanging out.”
- 6. Additionally, being clear about when you’re “going steady.”
- 7. Romantic gestures like writing poems.
- 8. Turning electronics off and just being with one another.
- 9. The general concept of asking permission for things.
- 10. Not assuming sex is to be had at any point in time.
- by Kate Bailey